The SMSTS 2 Day Refresher is for delegates who have previously passed the full SMSTS 5 day Course. The course aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date as well as giving an overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace.
Who’s the course for?
The SMSTS 2 Day Refresher is intended for delegates who currently hold a valid SMSTS Certificate and can provide proof of attendance. The certificate has to be renewed every 5 years by attending the SMSTS Refresher Course.
Course Aims and Objectives
On the first day of the course delegates should bring with them their 5 day SMSTS Certificate.
The Course aims to help delegates stay up to date with their knowledge specifically, it
• Improves awareness of recent developments in construction legislation, health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
• Helps site managers face the responsibilities imposed on them by new legislation and working practices.
At the end of the period of training the delegates will be:
• Aware of and able to implement all updated health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them in their role as a manager.
• Aware of and able to implement new guidance and industry of best practice.
• More aware of their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety welfare and the environment.
Health and Safety publications to aid research
Methods of Assessment
End of course examination (multiple choice)
ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus Certificate
Cost – Price upon application
The course fee includes the ConstructionSkills publications:
GE700(2008 revised version) – Construction Site Safety – Health, Safety & Environment information
Grants are available to companies who pay Levy for full details visit www.cskills.org/levy-grant/grant/ or alternatively contact us.