This industry-recognised training course is ideal for companies who need to meet the ever-increasing demand for evidence of sound health and safety management on site. The UK Contractors Group are also now insisting on minimum certification levels for employees responsible for the supervision or management of groups of staff and workforce.
The course covers all relevant legislation and other aspects which affect safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture among the workforce.
Who’s the course for?
This course is designed for site managers, agents and persons who are, or about to be, responsible for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff and workforce.
Course Aims and Objectives
The course gives an understanding of delegates’ responsibilities and accountability for site safety, health and welfare, current health and safety legislation.
The SMSTS course helps managers and supervisors to;
• Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the context of their management and supervisory role.
• Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare.
• Recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and able to:
• Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
• Implement new guidance and industry best practice
• State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
Classroom tutorials with interactive case studies
Health and Safety publications to aid research
Methods of assessment
Individual and group assessed exercises
End of course examination (multiple choice)
ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus certificate
Cost – Price upon application
The course fee includes the ConstructionSkills publications:
GE700 – Construction Site Safety – Health, Safety & Environment information
XA6 – The Site Management Safety Training Scheme Course Notes
Grants are available to companies who pay Levy for full details visit www.cskills.org/levy-grant/grant/ or alternatively contact us.