Dates: 29th August 2017 to 30th June 2017
Duration: 2 days
Training Centre: Sheffield
This training course is intended to give site supervisors a clear understanding of how health and safety affects their role and practical steps they can take to ensure a safe site. The course provides an introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for those requiring an understanding of their legal responsibilities relevant to their work activities. It will provide a sound knowledge base to enable them to give valuable assistance in safely managing a construction site.
Who’s the course for?
The training course is designed for first line managers or those preparing to undertake a site supervisory role, typically supervisors, gangers, team leaders and foremen.
Course Aims and Objectives
The course ensures delegates have an overview of their responsibilities for health and safety on construction sites.
The course covers The Health and Safety at Work Act and the regulations relevant to the construction industry. To include:
• Health and Safety Law
• Specific site issues, which include such topics as working at height
• Tool box talks
• Control of subcontractors
• Health issues
At the end of the period of training, delegates will be aware of and be able to:
• Understand the problems of the industry
• Have an understanding of how health and safety law is structured
• Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
• Carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
• Carry out site inspections, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
• Understand what is meant by proactive and reactive monitoring and appreciate their need
Classroom tutorials with interactive case studies
Health and Safety publications to aid research
Methods of Assessment
Individual and group assessed exercises
End of course examination (multiple choice)
ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus Certificate
Cost – £295.00 + VAT per person including lunch and refreshments
The course fee includes the ConstructionSkills publication:
GE706 – Site Safety Simplified
Grants are available to companies who pay Levy for full details visit www.cskills.org/levy-grant/grant/ or alternatively contact us.